Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meet Cameron


Meet Evan's new friend, Cameron. Cameron is a model and actress in Hollywood. Evan saw her for the first time in Women's Health Magazine and I think he may be in love. He at first expressed surprise at the fact that she isn't wearing pants, which he was quick to point out, but then I wonder if he thinks she's wearing a diaper, just like him, only a prettier one.

When I got home from New York today, Evan was eager to show me her picture. He pointed to her and smiled and said "Dada!" Needless to say, he was smitten. Genevieve and I went on talking as Evan was quietly playing with the magazine on the floor. That's when we heard him tear the page out. "Dada!" Evan said proudly as he held up the torn out page with the image of the object of his affections on it. I was actually impressed at what a clean tear he was able to make. I said, "Evan, what are you going to do with that, put it in your crib?" (jokingly.) "Yeah" said Evan, directing me towards the stairs. Evan started climbing the stairs and didn't even look back to see if I was following him. He ran in his room and started pointing at his crib. "Dada! Dada!"

.
Like any good dad, I looked around the room for some tape. All I could find was a little sticker. Evan motioned me to pick him up and put him in the crib. "Where do you want me to put it, Evan?" I asked. "Is here okay?" Evan nodded with approval, and there was Cameron, hanging up like a pinup in my 19 month old son's crib. Evan gathered his plush Mickey Mouse and blanket, and laid on his tummy with his head in his hands, just looking up at Cameron. Yes, I have since taken the photo down from his crib. Perhaps I'll get him a frame for it.

No comments: