Thursday, November 20, 2008

Evan Outgrowing


Evan has quickly outgrown his crib and bouncy seat. Sadly, we're going to have to wrap them up this weekend and put them into storage until the next little one comes along. We've already put the new, fancy, tollder size crib in it's place, a crib we bought over a year ago when Genevieve was just a month pregnant and Evan wasn't even named yet. He'll be 6 months old just after Thanksgiving and he seems to be growing at an ever faster pace.

I've had a great deal of time to spend with Evan lately. Nothing beats waking up and seeing him laying next to me, smiling so wide that his eyes are like little slits. Me and him are already connected. He waits to see what I'm going to do from the minute I wake up. He records my every move. Even when I'm exhausted and barely able to open my eyes, he smiles and waits for me to greet him.

His personality has been emerging more and more every day. He's been making some new faces lately, which I will have to videotape, because they are beyond description. Most impressive lately has been his attempts at crawling. I swear, it's going to be any day now that Evan is going to zooming around the Lambert house on his hands and knees. Even today, he seemed to be able to lift himself onto his knees and elbows a little higher than yesterday. I can say that beyond a doubt, I am so proud of him. I'm in New York now, but in a few hours I'll be home and see his smiling face again. I can't wait.

No comments: