Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin' at Linvilla Orchards

The sun came out and the rain stopped for a few hours today so we went to Linvilla Orchards to pick up some pumpkins for Halloween. It was nice to see the sun but boy was it muddy!! It was so muddy that we were all slipping all over the place. I was worried about Evan just because he does not like his shoes to be dirty, not even a little spot of dirt is allowed on his shoes. I kept telling everyone, please don't mention Evan's shoes but sure enough he noticed his perfect little red shoes covered in mud. Luckily he was quickly distracted by his cousins and he was having so much fun that he forgot all about them. whew. Evan had a great time, so much so that before he closed his eyes to go to sleep tonight he told me all about it, acting out what had happened and laughing. He told me all about how Frankie was feeding the goat carrots and how funny the goat looked trying to reach for the carrot with his tounge. And he was laughing about the game that he and Ava play where they scream gibberish to each other. I'm glad he didn't go to bed thinking about the mud on his shoes or the chicken that bit his finger after poking it through the fence. I love when my little boy falls asleep laughing. I just wish that Pete could have been with us today, but he was in NY working. We'll have to do something fun and Halloweeny on Saturday when he gets home so he doesn't miss out on all of the fun. But we sure did miss him today.


These pumpkins are as big as me!


Now these are more my size.


I'll just take a few.


oh- my shoes are muddy! oh!


No comments: