Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy Busy

What a busy week. Genevieve has been working while I've been home watching Evan. Watching a toddler for the entire day is no joke as most of you already know. By the time Gen walks in the door, I'm ready to go to bed for the night. Genevieve says, "now you know how I feel." Yes, now I do know how you feel. Don't get me wrong, Evan is a pleasure to be with, it just that you have to be watching him constantly. He's constantly climbing up on chairs, trying to go up the stairs, opening drawers and cabinets, and running full speed one way, while looking the other. Turn your back for a spit second, and he's getting into trouble or in danger of hurting himself.

Every move I make from the moment I wake up has to be calculated. Genevieve's folks are out of town, so it's wake up, take the dogs out, feed the(koi) fish, feed the cat, feed the dogs, take the dogs out again, make Evan breakfast, change his diaper...this is all before 8am. Then it's Evan's nap time, and right after that it's lunch. Half the day's gone before I can even use the bathroom. Look, I'm not looking for sympathy here. I know it's hard for everyone who does this. I'm just saying, this being a dad thing is intense. Sometimes it tries my patience a little more than I'd like to admit. As amazing as it is being a Dad, the truth is, it's not easy, and I'm sure it doesn't get any easier as time goes on, (or does it?)

We had a good day today for sure. We went out for a car ride, just me and Evan. We stopped at a soccer field here in town, and got to kick the ball around together for a bit. Today, it was 75 degrees in Philly, probably one of the last times we'll see a day this nice until April, so we took full advantage of it. After that, it was off to the playground, where Evan enjoyed running around on the playground equipment and going down the slide. It was good times, for sure.

So Genevieve comes home from work, puts Evan to bed, and I have just enough time to do some laundry, and maybe get a few hours sleep before heading out the door at the crack of dawn to go to my gig, scouting in Tarrytown, NY and Long Island. So tired.

No comments: