Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flying


Evan enjoying his new Handy Manny coloring book on his way to Florida this afternoon...


We had an interesting flight to say the least. Everything was going great, we were on time, got on board right behind the "A Group," and into the jetway. As we're getting on the plane, I'm saddled down with my huge camera backpack, and Evan's massive Orbit stroller set up. Genevieve's in front of me holding Evan and the diaper bag. As we're walking down the aisle, there's this HUGE guy sitting in the aisle seat. He obviously had to board early because of his massive size. So as Genevieve's trying to get around this guy, her bag gets stuck, and she stops. Not seeing this, I attempt to lift the car seat over the massive, hulking man, striking Genevieve directly in the back of the head with the car seat. I hit her so hard, it drew a gasp from the nearby passengers. I'm not even sure if anyone (besides me) asked her if she was okay. I think I may have even hit Evan with the car seat, I'm not sure, but he started crying right away.

So we went from everything being normal to complete chaos. Genevieve said it went black for a second when I hit her with the car seat. What a nightmare. I was so embarrassed (for myself.) Finally, we get seated somewhere near the back of the plane, and I can't apologize to Genevieve enough. It was a really, really bad moment. The sweat was pouring off of my head in epic fashion.

Evan was good for most of the flight. I was worried about his ears since he's just getting over an ear infection from a month or so ago. He was perfectly fine. Thank God. He had his cranky moments, but we were able to distract him for long enough to get his mind off of how tired/bored/uncomfortable he was. He finally fell asleep with 20 minutes left in the (3 hour) flight. We arrived in Florida to cloudy skies, but nice and warm. Looking forward to relaxing (if that's even possible for me) down here in South Florida.

No comments: