Thursday, October 11, 2012

Feels Like Fall

The Fall weather is starting to settle in, and we're having some nice crisp days and chilly nights. I've been so busy with work, I've hardly seen the kids in the past month. I was home for a few hours today and spent some quality time with them. We piled up leaves in the front yard, then Evan and Eliana took turns jumping in them. I use the phrase 'took turns' lightly, because there was some rather heated territorial debate about who's leaves where who's. Then their cousin Ava came over and we all went to the local church carnival. There were games, rides, and prizes! Eliana won a stuffed red duck in a fishing game, and Evan won a Shark! There was Skee Ball, and Evan and Eliana went on this ladybug ride. I was a bit nervous about putting them in a ride on their own, but there were a bunch of other kids their age on the ride, so I gave it a shot. It went a lot faster than I thought it would! But the kids didn't seem to mind. Then we finished off the night at McDonald's with some sundaes and French Fries that they shared with Ava. We need to
do this more often.

No comments: