Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Listen up kids! Do not get married. Ever.

I was trying to keep the tone of this blog positive throughout this whole divorce process, and so far, I think I've done a pretty good job. The posts, although they've been far less often than had things been "normal," have still been strictly about the kids, or my parents. But I learned something in court today. Something that I would like to impart to anyone willing to listen:

DO NOT GET MARRIED. EVER.

If you follow this advice, this may be the best advice you ever get. If you meet someone that grabs your soul, and is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, by all means, be with them! I'm not saying don't date, or don't have a partner for life, but whatever you do, do not go down to the court house and apply for a marriage license, ever. It is the worst possible decision one can possibly make, and until my dying breath, I swear before God I would never advise that either of my children, or anyone else for that matter, that they get married. I will tell them that is an absolute mistake and warn them to avoid it at all costs. I will emplore them put their common sense ahead of their emotions. Trust me, with what I'm going through now, it will save you decades of grief and regret in the end.

No comments: