Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to Work


I went back to work on Monday after a month long hiatus. It was hard to leave baby and mommy behind, but I thought I was only going for a quick in and out visit, and that I would see the baby again soon. I only packed for two days, but it looks like I'm going to be in New York all week. It's not a bad thing, we could use the money, it's just that I feel like I'm missing all the important parts of Evan's first month. Genevieve's been calling me with updates. Evan's been turning himself over already from lying on his back to his belly and vice versa, which normally doesn't happen until the baby is a few months old.   

I did a 40 hour-in-a-row stretch on a commercial Monday and Tuesday that started with me leaving PA at 4AM on Monday, and working until 8PM on Tuesday. We were filming in Coney Island and Brighton Beach, two adjoining neighborhoods in Brooklyn When the job wrapped, I was about to go home and see the baby, but I got a call for more work. Just as I was about to leave the location on that day of filming in 98 degree heat, I locked the keys in the car. After I got that resolved, I went back to the apartment on McKibbin St. and couldn't get hold of any of the roommates, and no one was answering the buzzer, and I couldn't find my apartment keys. I was so tired that I decided to take a nap in the back seat of the car. This was at 10:30pm. The next thing I know it's 8AM and I wake up to NYPD Traffic leaving me a ticket. I fell asleep in the car for the entire night. Tonight, I look at my car keys and realized that the keys were on the keychain the whole time. I just had to laugh. I'm really bad with keys, wallets, and cell phones, especially when I haven't slept in days. I spent all day today scouting for another commercial, didn't finish work until 10PM, and haven't eaten since breakfast. This is the usual for me. I'd better get going, I'm cutting into my sleep again....

No comments: