Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Evan said his name today!

Evan Saying "Evan" from Pete Burke on Vimeo.

We've been trying for months for Evan to say his own name. He will tell you everyone elses name. Even if he just met you, he'll be able to say your name by the end of the day. But as far as his own name goes he just refused to say it. We would go around the dinner table pointing to everyone "what's her name, what's his name" and he would tell you "PopPop, Nana, Vava, Frascie" but when you'd point to him he'd just go silent. Then he started referring to himself as "me!" which got confusing when you'd say "me?" and he'd say "no! me!" kinda like that ol' Laurel and Hardey routine. But TODAY HE SAID HIS NAME!!! (Que the fireworks and marching band!) I was changing his diaper and he was pointing out what letters he saw. He saw a letter T for Ted in the cracks in the ceiling, a letter O in the wood grain, and a letter E which is when he said "E, Elvan" It was a very exciting moment. Of course then I asked him to repeat it a million times, and tell everyone. You could see in his face how proud he was of himself. My big boy Elvan.

No comments: