Thursday, April 1, 2010

Playing Pretend -post by mommy



Yesterday after dinner Evan started something I've never seen him do before. He was playing with a ceramic bear and bunny and was pretending that they were talking to each other, dancing and kissing. I've never seen him play like this before.
This is how he left his two friends on the window sill.
It's been amazing watching him grow, even in just the last few days! Every single day he seems five times older and wiser than the day before. He counts up to thirteen, and is now working on the alphabet. I heard him say ABC and WXY, I'm sure he knows the rest but just hasn't come out with it yet. He's really been vocalizing his wishes which I think is huge. We don't have to guess as much as to what he's trying to say, he'll tell you "moof over" to move over, or "offer side" for other side. He also for the first time this week told me to "watch Mommy!" which I'm sure I'll hear a lot of the next few years. And he will tell you that he "see" whatever you are trying to show him. He will also tell you what he'd like to drink whether it be juice, apple juice, water, or muk (milk) and also sometimes request ice! He'll also ask for snacks by name, or just bring you the box and tell you "oop" which means open. And then he'll even tell you how many he'd like, two or sometimes "free!" It has been amazing watching him grow. Everyday he never fails to amaze me.
.............................................................................................................................................................

Today was also such a warm and sunny day, perfect for taking naps in the daffodils!

No comments: