Friday, April 9, 2010

Play Ball!




I only had one day home with the kids this weekend. So Evan and I headed outside to get some baseball practice in. I'm amazed at how quick he's picking things up. I never had to stand behind him and awkwardly show him how to hold the bat. He just gets up there, holds the bat up and says "ready!" I sometimes completely forget that he's not even 2. His hand-eye coordination surprises me every time. I lob him a pitch, and more often that not, he whacks it with the bat!. He's definitely showing some left handed tendencies. He got a (right handed) glove for Easter, but he keeps taking it off to throw with his Left hand, and he automatically lines up to bat from the Left side. So, dad, being a southpaw himself, couldn't be more proud. Can't wait to take him to his first baseball game!

No comments: