Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Playdate

Yay! A playdate!! And boy did we need it. We needed to get out into the sunshine, run around and spend some time with friends. Especially after a very long and very rough bedtime the night before. But as soon as Evan's little feet hit that grass all was forgotten. We had such a good time. In between running after Evan I got to spend some time with some old friends from grade school, high school and meet some new friends. And even better I got to meet and play with their wonderful boys! There was another beauty there, her name was Elizabeth and she along with Eliana spent the day sunbathing in her stroller while the boys ran around like, well, like boys. Evan had a blast. He talked about his new friends all the way home. One of the boys was just a few days older than Evan, and strangely enough his name was Austin. Evan calls him "Awesome" which I think is just awesome. I wonder than if that means that Evan considers himself "Elvan Awesome Burtk" I tried to teach him his last name today, I don't think he understood the whole first name/ last name thing, I think he was just amusing me by repeating what I was saying. We had such a fun day, I hope we get together with our new friends soon!




Evan checking in on his baby sister.

It was funny to see how protective he is of her. When it was time to go home Evan's new friend "Awesome" started to push Eliana's stroller as if he was going to take her home. Evan jumped right up, waving his finger, crying "no no! no no! MY baby sister!" I don't even know where he picked up the finger waving thing because it's not something any of us do! He is too much.

No comments: