Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthday Morning -post by Mommy

Wow.  What an exhausting day it was today.  But so well worth every second of it.  It was my baby boy's 2nd birthday.  I can't believe Evan is already two years old.  I can't believe Evan is only two years old.  I think the main reason that today was so exhausting was because Evan was up at 5 am this morning.  That and the fact that we're still recovering from this awful cold that we both caught.  Pete and I were up all night planning and preparing for Evan's birthday.  I thought it would be so great for him to wake up on the morning of his birthday to a room full of balloons.  I just didn't realize that he'd be up at 5 am!  He usually sleeps till around 9, but his sister, who usually wakes up when the sun comes up and the birds start chirping, woke him up this morning.  Usually I can get her to go back to sleep, but when she opened her little eyes and saw all of the balloons her little legs started kicking and she started waving her arms in the air, she was so excited.  I knew right away that I had to get her out of the room before she really started her cooing and squealing and waking up her brother.  I made it to the doorway when I saw a little tousled haired boy sit up in his cribby.  I was holding my breath trying not to make a sound hoping he'd lay back down.  He sat for a minute then pointed up to one of the balloons and in a quiet sleepy voice said "smiley face!" and I knew there was no getting him back to bed any time soon.  I'm glad that the first balloon he saw was the smiley faced one.  The second smiley face he saw was his little sisters.  He reached out for her, held her little face and gave her the nicest kiss a sleepy kid can with a binky still in his mouth.  It felt like Christmas morning.  Eliana and I just hung out on the bed while Evan danced around his room playing with his balloons.  We ended the morning with "breakfast" in bed, and topped it off by going back to sleep.  It was so much fun. 
What do you mean it's too early for drums?
Evan's birthday "breakfast" in bed:  2 bottles, 2 night light buddies, 1 juice cup, 2 binkies, 1 bedtime story, Brobee, and strawberries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2.40am!!even I was asleep by then..Glad Evan had a great birthday.looks like it got off to a good start..and Eliana shared in the fun...Loved the Gabba Gabba pictures..made Evan's day real special...Hope Mommy and Evan are feeling much better...Love ya' lots...Nan&Poppyoxoxox

Angela said...

Love it! So sweet!

And I so know the one baby awake recon mission and the too early for drums look!