Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Evan's 1st Haircut!!



Evan had his first real haircut tonight! (I don't think me trimming his hair while he's asleep really counts). Evan's super fabulous Godmother Aunt Andi turned my little little curly locked baby into a real boy. He looks so handsome. I thought it was going to be a disaster since he only had a half hour nap and was super grouchy. When Andi first started to cut his hair he really was not liking it at all and did start to cry a bit. I thought oh, no, this is going to be horrible. I don't know how Andi did it, but she calmed him down and by the end of the haircut I think he really enjoyed it. She asked him if he'd like to sit in a big boy booster seat, but he wanted to sit with Pop Pop, she gave him a pretzel and skipped the cover up cape, and was extra gentle and sweet to him. She was amazing, and did an amazing job. I even brought a bag of Dum Dum lollipops to keep him occupied and distracted just in case. So a pretzel and two lollipops later and voila! he was done. Of course when we got home he was super hyper after having so many lollipops (two at the salon, then two more on the way home) and being super excited about his haircut that he didn't get to bed till 11. He kept checking himself out in the mirror. He was even in the kitchen with Pop Pop and said, "Hold on, I'll be right back, I have to check something." And went right over to the mirror to check out his new haircut again. I think he is really pleased with how it turned out. Doesn't he look handsome?




No comments: