Saturday, February 13, 2010

Crock Pots and Baby Blankets.


I want to welcome those visiting from The Crockpot Recipe Exchange on Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for joining the group. Amazingly, the group has swelled to well over 13,000 members in less than a month. I started the group in January thinking 10 or 20 of my friends would join, we could exchange recipes, and that would be the end of it. I knew there had to be other people out there who need to cook for a family, but don't have the time for food prep or to stand by the stove all day. I've been overwhelmed by the response and sheer amount of people joining and sharing recipes. It's really turning into something great, and I've definitely been caught off guard by it's success. So, thank you all!

Luckily, we found our extra large Crock Pot in storage today, so I'll be cooking one of the recipes from the site tomorrow!

This blog is about my family. I enjoy photography, so it's a way for me to indulge in my hobby, but also keep my family updated on Evan's milestones. My Mom, who lives in Florida, is unable to travel, and I didn't want her to miss out on my son growing up, so out of that necessity, the Daddy Diaries was born. She can check in every day and see how he's doing. On Tuesday, February 16th, our daughter will be born. I plan on doing live updates starting in the morning, so check in if you'd like to see photos of our new baby girl!

Back to the Blog:

With less than 72 hours left, we're doing everything we can to get ready for the arrival of our little girl. We're about to add one more to our little family. It's mind blowing to know that by this time Tuesday night, I'll be holding her for the first time. I'm excited and nervous all at once. I guess anxious is a better word. Evan's Nana and Poppop took him to his cousin Ava's 1st birthday party today in NJ, so Genevieve and I were able to spend one on one time this afternoon and tried to see if we could pick up a few things for the baby's room. We're also trying to get her bedroom in order and the amount of work we need to do this weekend is overwhelming. Then there's all the other concerns; the possibility of another snowstorm Monday night into Tuesday morning. We leave for the hospital Tuesday morning. How's Evan going to handle having a new baby around? How are we going to handle 2 poorly house trained dogs? I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope that all goes well.

No comments: