Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dispatches From the Road - Iowa

I-80 in Iowa heading towards Council Bluffs.

I wish I had photos today, but it was rainy most of the way through Iowa. We stopped at a Buddhist Temple in Des Moines to meet with a Sepak Takraw team. (Think volleyball played with your feet.) Pretty cool, even got to try out kicking the ball a bit. I was surprised at how hard the ball is.  The ball I was using was made of plastic, but the ones they use in the game are made of Rattan, (think wicker.) It's woven together and hollow inside, but hard on the outside. It hurts your feet when you kick it, and hurts your head when you try to do a header. Ouch. Spent the rest of the driving to Walnut, IA, where we're overnighting, not far from Omaha, NE. Looking forward to getting home at this point.

No comments: