Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home For A Day, Then Back To Work.



iPhone photos by Mommy 9/29/2010.

Happy to be working, sad to be away from the kids.

I was home for the day on Tuesday with the kids after a long day of traveling at the end of an 11 day road trip that took me all the way to Nebraska. Most of Monday, I was in the air. I left from this tiny airport in Kearney, Nebraska, on a tiny plane, and had to go west to Denver to catch a plane going east. (see last post, that's not me in the cowboy hat and boots by the way.) After the cross country flight from Denver to DC, I had to jump on a small jet from DC to Philadelphia. All in all, it was nearly 16 hours from the time I left the hotel in Nebraska until I arrived at Philadelphia International. 

So Tuesday morning, it was great to see Evan and Eliana after not seeing them for nearly 2 whole weeks. Mommy had to work, so it was just Daddy with Evan and Eliana at home all day. Evan ran up and gave me a great big hug. Eliana just gave me a big smile, she knew Daddy was home. The biggest difference in the nearly 2 weeks that I was on the road was not only how much Eliana has grown, (she's gotten really tall,) but how much she is doing. Genevieve sent me an iPhone video of Eliana pulling herself up on the ottoman and standing on her own two feet. I was floored. She's only 7 months old, so she's way ahead of the curve in terms of trying to walk. After returning from the long trip, it was back to making bottles and changing diapers. I've been away for so long, that I feel like I have to learn everything from scratch. It's not too long, however, before I'm back in the groove. 

Tuesday morning I got to see Eliana in action. She's not only crawling all over the place, but pulling herself up on all of the furniture. I think it's safe to say, she's going to be an early walker. We spent most of the day inside unfortunately because of the weather. It was raining on and off all day. I had planned to take them to the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ, but Mommy's car was in the shop getting fixed, it has the car seats in it, and by the time it was finished, it was too late to go. No problem though, we had a nice, quiet day at home. Evan and I went outside and played baseball, football, and soccer while Eliana watched. Won't be long before she's running around wanting to play with the boys. Evan already has a wicked left arm and loves to throw baseballs and footballs. 

After dinner, in the evening, we took advantage of the unseasonably warm night time temperatures, and went for a walk down to the local playground. You would not believe Evan on the playground equipment. He has become fearless. I used to watch his every move like a hawk because he wasn't that sure on his feet, but now he goes up and down the steps, and up and down the slide with little effort. He even goes up the old fashioned all metal slide, with the really steep incline steps with no problem whatsoever. Evan has informed me that he's "Not a baby, Daddy. I a BIG BOY." 

The photos are from today, Mommy took the kids down to one of the local parks. Thank goodness for the iPhone. Mommy sends me pictures whenever I'm away at work, and it makes me happy. As hard as it is to be away from my family, it's nice to know that the kids are safe, and having lots of fun. I'm in New York for a few days, but I'll be home during the weekend for the monthly portraits. Our babies are growing before our eyes, and we plan on enjoying every moment of it. 

No comments: