Monday, June 3, 2019

60 Days

It's now been 60 days (2 months) since we last spent the day together. Granted, 28 of those days were my fault. I had to go to the hospital to get myself right.

There was something about that day that was so fun, so spontaneous, and so exciting it almost seemed too good to be true. I remember on the drive home after your mother picked you up thinking what a great day it was, but had this sinking feeling that it was, indeed, too good to be true. Turns out it was.

Here we are 60 days later and we have not spent a single day together. My requests to your mother go unanswered and I have not been offered an explanation as to why I am being kept away from you guys. I have a feeling an explanation would be motivated by either spite, irrational fear, or just a blatant desire to keep your father out of your lives.

As Father's Day approaches I am facing the prospect of not seeing you guys. I didn't do anything to deserve this. Why? Because I had a drinking problem? I went to one of the best 28 day recovery programs in the state of Pennsylvania and have come out not only sober but with a new outlook on life. I am 54 days sober and while it is still early in the process, I have never felt better, and do not want to ever go back to that lifestyle. I have an excellent support system with Stacey and she has been 100 percent supportive of my decision to stop drinking. It was a dark chapter in my life and I look forward to living life sober and being the father you deserve.

I can for the life of me understand why another adult will stand up for me. Everyone, including my family just stands by and acts as if this is normal. Not my family, not the courts, no one is speaking up. I will not give up fighting for you guys. Children deserve to have their father in their life. I won't rest until this situation is brought back to normal and that you guys can:

Sleepover my house on weekends
Come down to the beach
Have weeknight visits during school
Go on hikes, bike rides, visit parks.

Everything that your supposed to do with your dad. I will not give up.

No comments: