Saturday, June 1, 2019

Evan's 11th Birthday

Today is Evan's 11th Birthday. Instead of celebrating it with him, I cannot even get an answer about when the next time I can see my own kids will be. Since I got home from Eagleville Hospital, the only time I've been able to see my kids has been at Eliana's softball games. This does not constitute a parental visit. I cannot spend quality time with my daughter while she is on the softball field. So the only time I get to chat with her is between innings and at the end of the game.

I promised Evan for his birthday that I would take him on an overnight to New York City, so that he can hit some of his favorite stores. I told him that whether it's now, 3,6,9 months or a year from now that I would take him. I kept asking Evan what he had planned for his birthday and he kept telling me "nothing" but I knew something was up. His mom took him to New York City yesterday to all the places him and I were supposed to go to. Truth be told, I'm happy for him! But can't you come up with your own thing for just you and him? You had to take mine? It's infantile.

At any rate. The offer to Evan stands. However this horrific custody battle shakes out, Evan, my offer to you to take you to New York City overnight for your birthday stands. Whether it's now, or in 2026 when you turn 18, you will have a great day in NYC with your father, one to remember. It's a shame I couldn't spend your birthday with you, but just know that I was here, ready, willing, and able to spend your birthday with you.

- Dad

No comments: