Saturday, April 18, 2009

Mr. Bump

Another day, another bump. Actually two bumps on the poor baby's head. The first came early this morning when Evan was just standing next to his play house, when all of a sudden he just fell forward and SLAMMED his head against the play house mailbox. It was the worst one yet. I didn't know it was possible for someones head to dent like that and turn instantly blue. It scared me to death. And of course it took a good minute for the scream to come out, I actually thought he might pass out from not breathing. His mouth was wide open, but no sound came out -at first- but when it did, I think even the neighbors heard. My poor poor baby. Then an hour or two later he was out back walking with Nana, she was holding his hand, and boom down he went again, right on his head, on the same side as his new bump from this morning too. It was a nice day, and we were going to go to the park, but after all that I figured the best thing to do was to just strap him in his stroller and try to keep him off his feet, or should I say head, for the day. So we spent most of the day at Target looking at toys. Evan got a new bouncy ball, some Spongebob Matchbox Cars, two plastic monster cups and plate and a truck that makes cool truck noises, all on Easter clearance, I love Target. We ended the night with a nice car ride around the block in Evan's new car, we "drove" past a birthday party in full swing, with a lawn full of screaming kids running around with water guns and a huge bounce house in the driveway full of bouncing kids. I'm sure Evan was thinking about how much fun that looked, I'm sure he wasn't thinking the same thing as me, which was oh boy, all the bumps and bruises I have to look forward too on this poor kids head. -mommy


You can see the *gulp* dent above his eyebrow on his head, this picture was taken before the second fall.


Target booty

No comments: