Friday, May 30, 2008

Calm Before the Storm?

Man, I thought for sure we'd be going to the hospital today! I wish I had the big news for you today! Things were brewing last night, for sure. Genevieve was either having Braxton Hicks contractions or false labor last night. I went to sleep convinced that we were going to be heading to the hospital today, and that we'd have the baby by Thursday night, but alas, that is not the case. In fact, things have actually calmed down again. The baby is still really active. I mean, you can feel his feet, legs, and body moving around when you touch Genevieve's belly, he's really solid and strong. I still have my hopes set on this weekend. I think there's still a real good chance that Genevieve will go into actual labor before we have to induce on Monday night. So we're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping he'll decide to be born this weekend. My mom is hoping for May 31st, so he'd have the same birthday as his great-grandmother. We'll see, we have our fingers crossed.

This photo is from our first wedding anniversary, October 1st, 2007. Genevieve and I went to Mayfield Park in Austin just to spend some time together. Little did I know, that a few moments after I took this photo, that she was going to give me the news, that she was pregnant. You can see it in her face in the photo, she had something to tell me. It was a really great moment, one that I'll never forget. Looking at this photo, it seems forever ago that we were living in Austin. (If you click on the photo, you get a ginormous version.)

These photos were from September 28th at our apartment complex in Austin. We were talking on this day about wanting to have a baby together and we were both sort of getting disillusioned with how little we were getting paid in Austin. We both left good paying jobs at home, and were starting to question our decision to move there. I think this was here that we talked for the first time about the possibility of leaving Austin just a few short months after moving there. Once we knew we were having a baby, we knew we had to move back home.
***1:45AM, just got back from late night trip to the supermarket to buy ice cream and ring dings***
***3:00PM, some minor contractions have started again***

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I just stumbled on your great blog today. This is such an exciting time for you both! Reading this post brought me back to the time before our 1st child was born, all of the preparation and anxiety. Enjoy your last quiet moments together. Good luck to both of you!