Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day/Labor Day Weekend

***Okay, so if you read this earlier, you'll know that I'm constantly getting Memorial Day and Labor Day confused. I'm not sure why this happens, but I've finally got it straightened out.***


This Memorial Day weekend could wind up being more like 'Labor Day' for us. Genevieve is due this Sunday, (40 weeks,) I can't believe that it's here. I look at our baby ticker on the right side of our blog and I see it's down to 2 days. I remember when that thing said something like 237 days, it's crazy how time flies, but yet these last few days seem to be crawling. We went to the doctor this morning and found out that Genevieve is not any closer than she was a few days ago, or last week for that matter. Her next appointment is on Tuesday, and if she hasn't had the baby by then, they want us to pick a day to induce labor. They don't want Genevieve to go more than a week past her due date. She's not crazy about the idea of labor being induced, because she wants everything to happen naturally. We're hoping that things change this weekend, maybe she'll go into labor on her own. Maybe I could take her to Six Flags this weekend and we could go on Kingda Ka, maybe that would induce labor!



I've just been doing more last minute preparations today. I bought a Maxi-Cosi Mico car seat yesterday and I was in my car trying to figure out how to hook it up. I think I need instructions, it looks more complicated than I thought. I also picked up a wireless USB modem for my laptop yesterday. It's great, I'm outside in the backyard with the right now typing this. I'll be able to get wireless internet anywhere now as long as there's a cell tower. It'll be great for when I'm working in New York so I don't have to drive around looking for a wireless signal that isn't password protected. The weather's great today, really sunny and in the 70s, so it's a really great day to be outside. I'm really excited about the baby coming, but nervous about the delivery room. I hope Genevieve's okay and doesn't have too

hard of a time. The book "Happiest Baby" arrived at the house today, so Gen will be really happy about that. I think the book teaches you about swaddling techniques, and how to get the baby to stop crying. I thought you just yell and scream to get the baby to stop crying, maybe I'm just old school. Our bags are packed and our cars are gassed up and ready to go should we have to leave for the hospital. I'll post pictures from today later tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't believe how close it is! I'm excited for you both. I look forward to meeting my new cousin. Baby Burke!! :)