Monday, May 12, 2008

Waiting


Today was a waiting day. We just waited around, there was nothing else to do. It was real miserable out. A mid-May Nor'easter hammered us and it rained all day. The temperature never got above the mid 40s. Even though there was a ton of things I could have done, I just couldn't get motivated. I was in a gloomy state of mind. It was a day of naps and more naps, me and Genevieve alternating with the dogs. I've been pacing, waiting for the phone to ring for work, finally, today it did. I find out more about the gig tomorrow. I'm starting to notice strange things now, like when I pick up milk at the store, the expiration date is past Genevieve's due date. May 25th used to seem so far away, now, it's practically here. Gen's reading books about childbirth and I'm reading "Cesar's Way," on how to train dogs. I guess I should get with the program and read some more about what to expect in the delivery room. Tomorrow, we're going to pick up our 'slider' chair from the Room & Board warehouse in NJ. Should be an all day thing, but at least the weather's supposed to be nice.

No comments: