Sunday, May 25, 2008

Due Date



So what do ya think? Genevieve's ready to go, or what? Our due date is finally here, and considering the fact that about 95% of women don't deliver on their due date, and that due dates can be as much as 2 weeks off, one things for sure, Genevieve looks like she's ready. I mean, how much bigger can that baby bump get? There's no sign of labor as of today, but we're hoping that things will change soon. We watched "The Happiest Baby" DVD last night. I have to say, it was pretty mind blowing to see how easily Dr. Karp got these babies to stop crying. He just wraps 'em up, turns them on their side, and starts shushing them. The baby's expression changes instantly, just totally quiet and relaxed. I have to laugh, because I wonder if this will actually work when it's my turn to try it. 

I spent most of the afternoon trying to install the car seat base. Of course, being a guy, there's two things I never need; directions or instructions. So after about an hour of trial and error, I finally gave in and had Genevieve print out the directions from the company website, 30 pages by the way. The directions just added to the confusion. Baby car seats are totally uncharted territory for me, but I think I figured it out. It's a good thing our car already came with the LATCH System, something new I learned about today. So the car seat is in there, secure, just waiting for a baby to take home.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gen&Pete...You certainly do look ready to go Gen...more than ready...I've never seen anyone soooo pregnant before..Maybe Baby Burke is taking a nap before the 'trip'home...I've sent many comments..but none went through,so I'm trying again...The last week or so of pregnancy always seem longer than the 9months...You can go two weeks over the due date....hope you don't have to,as it sure looks like you're ready to go...Good Luck and God Bless!!love Mom &Dad...XXx...OOo..

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
The problem was that I DID'NT NOTICE THE NEW PASSWORD THAT YOU PUT IN FOR ME..I've been checking your Baby Blog two and three times a day...Genevieve looks real healthy...in fact she looks..very well!!..Babies come when they're ready..I think it's to make sure that Daddies have everything ready for them..car seat etc;..Love you guys..Mom...XXx