Sunday, May 18, 2008

Genevieve's Birthday



Today was Genevieve's birthday, and it looks like we'll be having separate birthday parties for Mom and Baby next year. No baby today, although I have a feeling we're getting close. He does seem to be moving further down and Genevieve's getting pretty uncomfortable. The day started out with some nasty weather, rain and thunderstorms, but we had a good day anyway. She was really happy with the bassinet, so score one for me on that one. You can see all of the birthday photos here. and more photos of Genvieve here.

Only 7 days left until the due date (May 25th,) and I'm starting to get anxious. I can hardly sleep at night, and I'm sure that it's nothing compared to what's coming. It's a combination of excitement, anticipation, and the dread of not knowing what to do. The books I'm reading this week are "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way" and "The Baby Owner's Manual," which appears to be directed towards dads. The book refers to changing a diaper as, "installing a diaper," which seems to appeal to dad-like sensibilities. The illustrations are simple, and easy to understand. So I'm looking forward to see what type of knowledge I can pick up with that.

No comments: