Monday, May 12, 2008

Less Than 2 Weeks

It's hard to believe, but we're less than two weeks away from our little boy being here. A journey that started 8 1/2 months ago in Austin has almost come to and end, but when baby's here, a whole new journey begins. I can't even wrap my head around it yet. I'm going to be a dad in less than two weeks! Amazing. I'm pretty much equal parts nervous and excited. Someone asked me this weekend if we were 'ready,' and I likened it to preparing for a hurricane. Once you've bought all of the necessary survival items and done all the preparations you can, all you can do is wait. That's pretty much where we're at right now. Geneveive's doing great, the baby is fine, we're just sort of in the waiting stage. I know it's going to be a life changing experience, but I guess 'ready' is something you can only quantify in retrospect. I guess I can tell you whether or not I was ready a few months from now, maybe even a few years from now. At any rate, we're both really excited and looking forward to his arrival.

Photos taken Saturday, May 10th at Shari's 50th Birthday party in Cream Ridge, NJ and at Genevieve's Shower, Sunday, May 4th in Drexel Hill, PA

No comments: